Old September 30th 04, 06:28 PM

On 29-Sep-2004, "The Weiss Family" wrote:

Has anyone heard of either a turbo or supercharger STC for an IO-360?
In particular, an IO-360-A2B?

I believe that STCs are certified for applicability to specific airplane
models rather than engines (hence the name "supplemental type certificate"
-- airplanes have type certificates, engines, while certified, do not).

I also believe that the Lyc. IO-360-A2B is most commonly used in the Beech
Musketeer Super and Sierra, but there may be other apps as well. I have not
heard of any turbo STCs for thee airplanes.

One IO-360-powered model that DOES have a turbo STC available is the C-177RG
(Cardinal RG). Tornado Alley Turbo offers that one.

--
-Elliott Drucker