Old July 5th 05, 05:25 AM
Morgans

"Jose" wrote

changes the perspective on the burst as it is exploding, which is a neat
effect and worth flying to see. It's also fun to see the displays all
over the land as you are flying around.

Second that. I was flying commercial on a seriously clear 4th, a few years
back. On approach, it was amazing, how many places were sending up
displays, big ones. Really spectacular.

I was so close on the ground this year, that I had ashes, and occasionally
big pieces of cardboard raining down on me. There was also a brick wall
about 20 feet from me, and the echoes really increased the strength of the
concussion.

That would be lost, in the air. I'll stay on the ground, if given the
choice.
--
Jim in NC