Old December 4th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Smart Turbo Diesel or VW Lugo Diesel

"bbutlergps" wrote

Tax in Texas on over the road diesel is 44.4 a gallon. However off road
disel is also cheaper than on road diesel even after you subtract the
tax and purchasing in larger quanitites. I haven't priced off road
diesel in quite some time but last time I checked it was around $1.80.
Unleaded at the pumps are at $2.15.

If you were to get a diesel working well in an airplane, you would likely see a
saving not only on fuel price, but the fact that the fuel will last longer in
the air.
--
Jim in NC