Old December 6th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Philippe Vessaire

Default Smart Turbo Diesel or VW Lugo Diesel

bbutlergps wrote:

With that weight at 110 kg or 242 lbs might be over my weight limit.
Could that engine that you have in your car be chipped up to increase
the HP? What model car is it?

The car: corolla (55-60 mpg car)
the engine: 1364cm³ 90HP@3800rpm

try http://www.toyota.co.uk
and read all about the Yaris (Echo) and Corolla and the D-4D engines.
Toyota engine name: 1NDTV

Note: the torque decrease slitly after 3000rpm, max value is 190Nm flat
from 1800rpm to 3000rpm.

I think you may tune up to 105-110HP.
read he http://www.tuningbox.com/ for Corolla 1.4 D4D

You may cut out come cast fittings and save little weight. With 2
gallons for cooling fluid, one radiator and hoses, you add 14-15lbs.

If you need to save more weight, you may consider less fuel.

I am thinking about a basic engine ECU with a sychronised monostable,
4 sensors and 4 OR gates.
It is too simple, a manifold pressure correction is required as fuel
injection time (and flow) correction.

A friend think about megasquirt ECU
http://www.megasquirt.info/

By