Old September 7th 19, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_1_]

Default Replacement canopies

Having installed a fair number of factory (Mecaplex) canopies and half a dozen aftermarket (Thermotec, the guys in SoCal) and a homemade unit) , I believe Hanks is spot-on. And the results of aftermarket canopies have been very unsatisfying. I would decline to install aftermarket unit today.

The Mecaplex units are stunning in their fit and optics. I bought an AS-W12 canopy 20+ years after production of the ship ceased and it was perfect. Such service deserves our support.

Could you reduce the shipping on a current manufacture by ordering from the dealer? They could ship it in one of their container loads.