Old September 19th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BB

Default SRA Poll

What about embedding the "club class" within our larger sports class?
Use the IGC racing rules so we are preparing for international
contests, but run two scores in parallel. *Only count the club class
results towards US team standing. *That way, if you want to race,
bring anything you can get your hands on. *But if you are serious
about the club class, get a club class ship and race it.

Kirk
66

That's what we have now. Only gliders on the US team list -- roughly
coincident with the IGC list -- count for US team selection, and the
tasking guidelines focus on club gliders. The "club class" issue is
whether we create a new class where non-qualifying gliders can't even
participate. (We don't use IGC rules in any US class, for lots of
good reasons -- read the IGC rules and it will be clear.)

John Cochrane