Old March 18th 04, 10:55 PM
Leon McAtee

Richard Lamb wrote in message ...
You know how hard it is to pull 20 pounds off of a bare airframe?

Or a girlfriend?

Richard

Depends on the girl............. one simple comment can do the job -
if your willing to be the recipient of the other reactions as wellG

20 pounds may seem like a lot on a bare airframe but in the grand
scheme it's not really significant. My Aeronca for example lost a LOT
more than that with the change from Linen to Dacron. With the other
modern materials available to us now, that 20 lbs (if that) can be
made up for elsewhere. I know guys that have more than 20 lbs of junk
stashed in their planes that they haven't even looked at for years.

Other than weight - IS - there a reason not to use 1026 DOM? This
assumes of course that the design is based on the slightly lesser
strength and/or has adequate design margins to begins with.

Leon McAtee