Old June 23rd 13, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Default Canopy open incident.

the right thing. What say you, far more experienced glider pilots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=r0I75OZmA-0#!

I can't criticize because he succeeded.

If it were me, flying the airplane means leaving the canopy alone and flying, not grabbing for it. Next I would have released immediately since the plane was only 15 feet off the ground.

Grabbing the canopy and flying higher while switching hands or wrestling with it could have ended badly if he had gotten out of tow position, broke the rope, and was say... 50-75 feet AGL, and out of runway?

-tom