Old November 13th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Default C-182's to avoid?

Alan Browne wrote:
I was speaking with a somewhat smug fellow the other day who claimed
older C-182's (1968 that I'm looking at) had inefficient wings and
that the Continental would not make it to 1500 hours; 1300 if I'm
lucky. (The one I'm looking at has 61 SMOH; about 5000 total; new
paint, interior, etc.). As far as I can tell there has been only a
minor (factory) wing configuration mod on the 182.

Is there a line in time or models where 182's should be avoided?

Better an older 182 or a newer 177 with 180 hp constant speed?

Thanks,
Alan.

You will always be able to cell a 182 no matter the year and even the
condition to a certain extent. It like a Chevy or Ford truck.

There is a 68 or 69 teo hangers down that has 1800 hours SMOH and runs like
the day it came out of the factory.