Old November 21st 03, 01:01 AM
Larry Smith

Here you go, for the air drill speed. Scroll down about 1/4 to Veeduber's
(R. S. Hoover's) Riveting 101, etc. Course, natcherly giving a nod of
approval to Ron Wanttaja's marvelous website:

http://home1.gte.net/ikvamar/avlinks/index.htm

"Lpmcatee356" wrote in message

Wow. I'm glad I just started reading this group. What a helpful bunch

here!
I'll the the original poster would never have thought about looking it

up.

Not everything that you and I might take for granted is common knowledge

among
some of the new builders - or even somewhat experienced ones. And

sometimes
those of us that have been doing "it" for a score+ years forget that not
everybody knows the basics.

To answer the original post - the smaller the drill bit the faster you
can/should turn it.

In my experience:

for sheet metal work (drilling #30 holes) the fastest air drill you can

buy is
none too fast.

A sharp split point bit and an accurate center-punch help too.