Old December 18th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VOR-DME[_4_]

Default VOR Station without Compass Rose

In article
,
says...

Hello,

Does anybody know where I could find more info. on a VOR station
without a Compass Rose around it? What I heard is that it is a VOR
station with the service volume of Terminal. Any FAA references would
be appreciated.

The presence or absence of the compass rose on any given chart is a
question of chart clutter, and should not be taken as an indication of
the type or characteristics of the navaid. Many VOR's on airfields do
not have the compass rose depicted on charts, but this in no way
indicates they are terminal vor's. The place to find more information on
a VOR on an airfield is in the facilities directory. For off-airport
facilities, use standard service volumes for the type of VOR, listed on
charts.