Old May 13th 20, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LX Era 80 vs S80/S100

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 4:48:33 PM UTC+1, Kenz Dale wrote:
Speak to your LXNAV agent. I arranged a vario system upgrade and got the AHRS function transferred to the new one without additional charge. Not in the USA.

That's a great data point. My information came last month from Wings and Wheels, who contacted the factory directly and relayed the response to me. So it looks like YMMV.

On reflection. and thinking back several years Kenz, I think that my case may not be a such strong precedent for you. There was an upgrade price offer in place and my original unit was returned to the LXNAV agent and not sold to someone else. Also it was a 9000 system rather than a stand alone vario