Old December 2nd 04, 06:06 AM
NW_PILOT

"T.Roger" wrote in message
. com...
I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to

buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the tax
write-off about to expire at year end.

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy. But if you don't have your ticket they don't want to
know you. They take the position that I should secure the financing for

the
particular plane before I demo. I take the position that I'm not going to
waste my time if I'm not in love with the plane. I tell them that I'm
relegated to buying a C172 because that's the only plane I know and

they're
not making it easy for me to consider anything else. They take the

position
that "...every customer who's bought their 'so-and-so-brand-plane' has

never
regretted it and has never gone back to a C172. I say: kiss my a**: if I'm
going to effort to run around trying to convince a bank to finance my
purchase @ $200,000 or more (you know what that's like) then I want to

know
what in hell I'm buying!! They're sort of saying: marry me and then

you'll
find out if you love me.

So far, I haven't had one demo since I started the search in August.
I thought GA was hurting; I guess not.

I train in C172's, and I guess that's what Cirrus, Piper and Tiger want me
to buy because they don't seem interested in my business.

If you have good credit go to you lender and get pre qualified for a set
amount say up to 300K then go look for a new airplane. You don't have to
take the loan but you will have near immediate availability of funds when
you find the one you like. When you go to a dealer with you finances in
order I am sure they will take you on a demo ride.

But why don't you get yourself a good used aircraft like a 150 do your
training then sell basically get your training for almost nothing or use it
as a low cost time builder after buying a larger aircraft.

New is not always the best choice! New airplanes I am seeing lose a lot of
their value right off the bat New = Negative Equity & Wasted Money. Used
airplanes a few years old seem to hold a reasonable value.

Getting a demo flight in a private party owned airplane may be simpler then
getting a demo flight in a new airplane!