Old September 5th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

Default G430 Display/Numbers or Pictures?

Mitty wrote in :

On 9/4/2006 1:46 PM, Bill wrote the following:

The visual type guys always want the map and track
up too.

Track up drives me nuts! :-) It's on my checklist to make sure the
thing is north up before I take off.

Bet you will find extreme opinions on this :-)

For me, North up drives me nuts, as when I turn right, I want to see the
little plane turn right along with me.

As far as the original poster's question, for the initial approach phase, I
use the map to help with situational awareness. Once I am established on
the IA fix, I change over to the CDI page for extra localizer assistance.

Just did a GPS approach into OWB just above GPS minimums Saturday. 430
made the approach a breeze with the help of smooth air in the clouds.

Allen