Old May 16th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

Default "Heads Up" to Good Soaring Conditions

Local knowledge plays a big part no matter where you live and fly.
We have pilots who travel 4-8 hours to fly wave and ridge soaring
in SE Oklahoma. I provide a lot of information to them about this
area that you will not see on a Blip Map. I have flown enough in this
area that I can let other pilots know that it will be worth there time
time drive here to fly. I am willing to share my local knowledge with
anyone will to fly with us. That is why I created our Talihina
website.
There is no way I can learn enough local knowledge everywhere
I want to fly. It would be foolish to drive to hundreds of miles to
fly without information/work from the local pilots.
I very much appreciate the info that I get from other pilots about
their flying sites and most are very willing share it.
Some share it in emails, phone calls and magazines/books.
One of my most favorite books on soaring is "Soaring Beyond
the Basics" written by Dale Masters. He did a lot of work that I
gratefully use. Dale provided a lot of information for all of us and
he did the work.
There is much to be learned from this book that can be applied
to almost all soaring conditions.
I am willing learn from everyone who provides useful information.
This is not a selfish sport. We all can learn a lot from each other.

Randy

http://talihinasoaring.com/

Randy,
We have the best forecasting systems in history available to us. *It
takes very little effort to find out about soaring conditions anywhere
in the US. *Subscribe to BlipMaps and watch what's happening two days
in advance. *Why this whining about others having to do the work and
then to get the information to YOU? *You were not watching the
weather? *Tough luck, be more proactive next time, learn about
diagnosing the situation and use the gray matter between you own eyes!
Herb, J7