Old September 8th 03, 04:11 PM
Mike Lindsay

In article , Ralph Jones
writes
On 07 Sep 2003 13:59:21 GMT, (ChuckPilot) wrote:

Jason,
The Germans built a rocket-launched fighter in WW2 (the ME 163?). After the
fuel was exhausted, it would glide back to the airfield. The hypergolic fuel
used made the glider more dangerous to the ground crews than it was to the
Allies.

Space Shuttle. BTW, does (or did) the Space Shuttle have an airworthiness
certificate?

Someone here in the US I think is working on a scaled version of the 163, but
using a safer fuel I trust.

Are you sure they're working on a 163? There is a project to produce
some Me-262's (jet, not rocket)...with the J-85's they're planning to
put in it, it should be a pretty decent airplane.

rj

A guy I know is restoring an ME 162. They are having the engines rebuilt
with modern materials.
--
Mike Lindsay