Old May 14th 05, 03:46 PM
Don Stauffer

Steve wrote:

I pretty much agree, although today's high-speed diesels are doing a lot
better at approchin the constant-enthalpy cycle than they used to,
thanks to being able to divorce the injection profile from crankshaft
position via electronically-controlled injection systems.

Before I retired there was a group at work doing applications research
on micromachining. One of the things they were looking at was fuel
injector controls (one for each injector). They would have had a VERY
high frequency response. We knew others were working on this (Ohio
State was one, I believe). I have heard of nothing on this since I
retired in '00, and have lost contact with the group that was doing it.
Anyone aware of current work on this? At the time it was aimed at SI
engines, but I don't see anything that would prevent it being used on
Diesels.