Old December 30th 11, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default First Visit to Minden questions

Aaron,

You probably know this, but on the off chance you don't understand why
the previous two posters were stressing driving in snow in the Sierras
to someone raised in ski country back East, google the Donner Party.

-John

On Dec 30, 9:30 am, akiley wrote:
Hi,

I'm a flat land glider pilot with 70 glider hours of which 35 are in a
standard Cirrus. I'm doing a week trip to Minden this winter as a
familiarization and glider checkout adventure. SoaringNV.

[.. snip ..]

3. Off topic, but I might drive from Minden to visit Williams Soaring
Center. I was raised in Vermont driving to ski areas, but the
Sierra's seem pretty intense. Any recommended route? Any way to
check driving conditions and to know if my rental "economy" car will
suffice?

4. Any other advice welcome.

... Aaron