Old July 31st 20, 09:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RW[_2_]

Default Scary story about landing on a Lake Tahoe golf course

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 5:38:54 AM UTC-4, krasw wrote:
We have a couple of water landings per decade. Nobody was ever killed or hurt, but from our statistics it can be quite expensive. One glider had leading edge of wing split open, flaps can be damaged, especially proper landing flaps. Canopy is often cracked. Wet instruments are dead instantly, or latest in few years.

Schempp policy for water landing is that all pushrods get changed in the gliders, they cannot risk corrosion and resulting ADs 10-20 years later. I once asked factory guy how much this is, answer was that around 20k euros (lots of holes in wings).

If you trust Schempp, Dave Nadler Arcus M broken apart in the air 2 years ago and we still have no answer ?