Old May 4th 05, 10:46 PM
Nathan Young

On 4 May 2005 11:48:05 -0700, "Amandasdaddy"
wrote:

Thanks for reading -

I'm new to this forum but found a lot of information! I am buying a
172RG II in Miami Beach area and will be flying solo back to San Jose,
california on May 19th.
My planned route is through the gulf, through New Orleans, Texas,
Arizona and then back to San Jose (KRHV).

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as far as the route, or
things to avoid? Any thoughts are appreciated!

General advice:

1. Don't fly over large bodies of water in an unfamiliar plane.
2. Don't fly at night.
3. Don't fly in IMC.
4. Fly high. Glide range is your friend.

I follow all these rules when my own plane gets out of maintenance. I
certainly would follow them for a plane that is new to you.

-Nathan