Old August 20th 05, 12:10 PM
Gary Drescher

"houstondan" wrote in message
oups.com...
well, the numbers are starting to rub off my pretty new airplane
drivers license. anyone know if it's ok if i just make a nice copy and
carry that or do i have to have the original card in my possession on a
ramp check.

FAR 61.3a1 requires you to have the certificate itself in your physical
possession.

The print began rubbing off mine, too, after just a few months (whereas my
driver's license is still perfectly legible after five years). The name and
number on mine are still intact, though.

You can request a replacement certificate online at
http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certific...e_replacement/.
They charge $2, but I would refuse to pay the fee if the original license is
defective.

--Gary