Old January 28th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default IO 470 Fouled Plug

Page A-3-1 of the Continental O-470 Maintenance Manual: #6 cylinder is the
front port side cylinder. As Michelle said, it is the most forward of the
six cylinders and is directly on the OPPOSITE side of the engine from the
oil cooler.

Looking at the O-470 engine from the top:

Prop Flange
Oil Cooler
6
5
4
3
2
1

Magnetos

What's this "left" and "right" stuff from you old geezers? You no speaka da
port and starboard likea you teacher done taught you? Left and right swap
sides depending on which end of the engine you are looking at.

Me? I'd pull the bottom plug for inspection first. 99/100 of the time
that's the fouled one.

Jim

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Anthony wrote:
My engine analyzed is telling me that the spark plug on the #6
cylinder, left mag is fouled. I have a new plug, but can't tell which
cylinder #6 is and whether it's the plug on the top or the bottom....
Can anyone tell me which plug it is...?

Number 6 is the rearmost cylinder. Trace the wires to work out which plug
is connected to the left mag.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.