Old April 22nd 20, 07:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default Flight review

JP, I have another concern. My Flight Review is due May 31st. I'm supporting a 95 year old father visiting him once or twice a week, my wife is very concerned about my "co-mingling" with glider people and/or being in a two place glider and therefore not social distancing enough . If I were much younger and single, I'd probably take the risk if I can find a flight instructor (turned 70yrs old last November).

Single place flying and self rigging allows much safer social distancing, so I'm not as concerned about that, as long as I don't do any serious cross country or contest flying.

I'm wondering how the rest of you feel about this dilemma?

Certainly, insurance companies are not going to give any leeway if you have an accident.

I wonder how likely the FAA will be to give special consideration for flight reviews... waivers possibly for another year.

Not sure about getting wings points to substitute or extends a Flight Review. I think that still requires flight with an instructor.

Walt Rogers WX