Old January 18th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

Buck Murdock wrote in
:

Frankly, though, choosing between Continental and United is a
no-brainer. I'd rather ride on Continental any day of the week, even
without "channel 9." Nicer planes, better food.

I'd have to agree with the nice planes :-)

767 with personal entertainment on the back of each seat, including the
cheap seats I was in. Movies or video games or even a GPS flight show.

Went to seatguru, selected the outer seat either behind or in front of
the wing.

First time on a 767 for me, and it is the quietest plane I ever been on!

Oh yea, the trip, awesome.

Only dissapointment was Lihue airport didn't have a GA place where I
could rent a Cessna.

Tell you what though, airliners had a dickens of a time at Lihue.

Downhill runway, every landing was a crusher, and every landing, we
stopped no sooner then the 1000 foot marker. Couldn't figure it out
until one takeoff, the pilot took his sweet time lining up, and I
happened to be on the left side of the plane. Runway had a huge grade
going down.

Allen