Old August 17th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

Default Lost a friend today

Hi Paul

Been there a few times this year.
We can never quite accept the loss of a friend, particularly when it is
due to this passion of ours.
I was at the service for a good friend a couple of weeks ago, and I was
attempting to speak to his widow without getting too emotional - and I
failed. And this strong lady said to me, " Would it have been better if
he had died in a nursing home"?

So - consider this - he died doing what he loved.
you can't say that about too many people.

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

Back in May, I finally got a chance to ride along in a friend's float
plane, and he even let me do a couple of take-offs and landings. I was
hoping that since his plane partner had lost his medical, I could convince
him to take me on as a plane partner.

Today, that plane crashed, and my friend and probably his plane partner
are both dead.