Old February 8th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Another weird YouTube plane video

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in message
"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
In article ,
gatt wrote:

Too bad about the comments, but, this is an interesting video. Pretty
resilient airplane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcURm...eature=related

Dumbasses. It's a miracle that plane didn't flip over or worse.
Looks like he didn't even have a prop strike. Very very lucky.

This video has come up bevore and as I recall, there was no intent to land
on the car - Contrary to what the "commentator" claimed...

What I don't recall is what they were really trying to do before the
contact between the airplane and the car.

whaddayaknow, I found it.

"This film was made at Ursel Air Base, in Belgium, while filming a police TV
series called "Flikken" (Cops). It was a pursuit between a car and a plane
and it almost went horribly wrong -- there was never any plan to land the
plane on the car."

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/weird_aviation_videos.htm

--
Geoff