Old October 26th 03, 03:52 PM

One thing that always amazes me... most of the flight boots I see look

more
like hicking/hunting boots than anything else? In this day and age, why

not
use something lighter and that allows for a finer feel and touch?
José Herculano

Good point. Back in my day, we wore pretty much what we wanted as long as it
had some remote military connection. Some wore dress shoes, safety shoes,
Boondockers (ankle high boots) were popular, and of course boots. By the end
of Vietnam, where ejection was a real possibility, boots were the choice of
many, with a few even buying Cochran (sp?) Jump Boots.

I almost always wore boots and two pairs of socks, as my feet were always
getting cold.