Old August 6th 03, 07:02 PM
Russell Kent

Montblack wrote:

I've looked a couple of times at those Ford Tri-motor pics. I might be wrong
about the Bushmaster. The one shot looks like the Bushmaster, however some
of the other shots look like a Tri-motor.

The Bushmaser can be differentiated from the model 4 and model 5 Ford Tri-motors
in that the Bushmaster's vertical stabilizer is squared off at the top and has
fully cowled engines, whereas the Fords have sloping vertical stabilizers and
cylinder heads in the breeze.

If you saw the flight of the Tri-motors, you saw the EAA model 4-AT Ford
Tri-motor, the Grand Canyon tours model 5-AT Ford Tri-motor, the Bushmaster, and
the Stinson model A (the black, or maybe dark blue, one).

Russell Kent