Old September 20th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Cessna Cardinal 177 RG II v. Piper Arrow III (70s) v. Piper Arrow III (brand new)

How much the OP had to spend doesn't affect the 182 vs 177 RG value
comparison, which is what I was addressing.
That I mentioned the FG was not part of the point I was making. I
was pointing out what a 182 costs 9 years ago, and that they are much
more today. Today you can get a good 177 RG for 60K and up. In fact, on
the Cardinal Flyers group the RG owners often complain and wonder why
the prices for RG's is not much more than for a FG. It gets pointed out
to them that that is simply the market forces at work. Pointing out
that for the same or less operating costs, you can buy a 182 that hauls
more, goes the same speed, and has better short field performance shows
why this is true. This is what causes the higher initial cost, since
the 182 is better in many ways.

Bud

Newps wrote:
wrote:

You left out that a 182 in comparable condition and equipment will
cost from $30K to 50K more to buy.

Purchase price was irrelavant as the OP had $500K to play around with.

When I bought my FG 177 9 years ago,

He was talking 177 RG's, never a FG.