Old July 20th 03, 05:33 PM
pac plyer

Aviv,

Sorry did not get back to you, was busy fighting windmills. I think
many of your points are very valid and that you're a very reasonable
and intelligent guy. I don't feel Israel is illegitimate! However, I
fear funding Israel merely emboldens them to be more aggressive,
perpetuating endless violence. The underdog here in my mind is the
Palestinians. Although we, the U.S. will not negotiate with
terrorists, we old Americans have a penchant for sticking up for the
underdog. (remember WWII?) My family is all from North Carolina and
has roots on both sides back to Jamestown in the 1600's. In the
1700's, many Revolutionaries like Ben Franklin, were considered by the
Royal Crown to be "terrorists" or translated: "rebels." So the term
"terrorist" in my mind is a very relative term. I suspect anyone who
commits acts that threaten others lives or security could be
considered a "terrorist" by someone somewhere. (But CNN is deluded to
reject the use of the term altogether!)

Underdogs have extremist elements in their ranks which make life
terrible for the rest of their population. So I guess I should give
up on solving the world's problems and accept the paleontologist view
of the world:

"No single species has ever ruled this planet for more than a few
million years.
And Homo Sapien is not going to be the first!"

Aviv, I wish the best for you, and for Israel. Enjoyed the banter.

Very Best Regards,

pacplyer