Old August 20th 03, 01:49 PM
John

My origial question was pertaining to US regs. Sorry I forget the
power of the net. Now for the kicker... Can these minimums apply to
a glider student whose 40+ hours are dual only in a powered aircraft?
That is a 15 year old student who cannot solo a powered airplane but
has many hours logged as dual in a Cessna 140? Also can a private
pilot written test (powered) apply to a glider check ride requirement?

For applicants who have logged at least 40 hours of flight time as a
pilot;
at least 3 hours of flight time in a glider, including;
10 training flights; and,
10 solo flights; and
3 training flights in preparation for the practical test.
Simply put, the applicant must have logged at least 3 hours in gliders
and made at least 20 flights.