Old February 2nd 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

Default IFR Checkride WX Questions

Know how to interpret the material from on-line sources.
The key is, can you draw a crude picture of the weather
[verbally or with a pencil] and then apply that to the FAR
as to whether the weather, currently and forecast, will
allow the operation.

You are not becoming a weather briefer or a professional
chart maker.

"kevmor" wrote in message
oups.com...
| So my IR checkride is approaching, and the thing I'm the
most sketchy
| on I think is the weather charts. I'm fine with TAF,
METAR, and other
| textual, but I guess it's because I can't find all the
exact same
| graphics on DUATS/DUAT that they use on the FAA exam
(prognostic
| charts, etc). Even DUAT/DUATS show things slightly
differently. How
| much is this going to be asked about on the checkride?
Should I know
| every possible symbol for all those charts, or is getting
a general