Old February 1st 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Komet trailer wheel bearings

On Feb 1, 11:09*am, Dan wrote:
anyone ever re-packed the whell bearings on a Komet trailer?
I don't know when this was last done on my trailer but I'm thinking
it's something I should do this winter.

Dan

There should be nothing difficult in this. There are good sources of
info online, one of the best is this boat trailer info at
http://www.sailingtexas.com/Movies/T...rbearings.html

I don't know if or when Komet switched to used sealed wheel bearings
like Cobra.

If my trailer did not have sealed wheel bearings, personally I'd be
doing this annually, especially if stored in high moisture/coastal
areas. And check out brakes, suspension, etc. carefully at the same
time.

Rex Mayes gave a great talk on glider trailer maintenance a few weeks
ago. We need to get Rex or John Murray or others who give these talks
on video some time.

Darryl