View Single Post
Old January 4th 16, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie
external usenet poster

Default The truth about Flarm Stealth and Competition definition...

XC said earlier (I can't find how to copy threads so I'll do it manually).... "Throughout these threads this is still a lot of talk overstated talk about safety that is covering for what some folks really want, to buddy-fly their way around the race course.

BB has even said leading out is a losing strategy. Strange, champions of the past weren't afraid to lead out. Is this the way we are heading?

FLARM with stealth as it is now really works well in a contest setting for collision avoidance. Those who claim otherwise have largely never tried it and/or want (need) to see others to make their way around the race course. Seems kind of weak-assed in my opinion. "

Sean,

Your statements are increasingly close to ad hominem attacks for anyone that disagrees with you. So let me join you, albeit on the other side.

SOME folks (me included) really, really don't want to die because some Luddite wants to turn back the clock on new technology.

SOME folks want to see people because they don't want to hit them. NOT because they're weak assed followers.

And SOME folks want to spend their evenings with their loved ones for a long long time.

And THIS folk couldn't care less about following. THIS folk simply doesn't want to die unnecessarily.

I'm actually so sick of this stupid discussion that I'll make a statement right now. I WILL NOT fly in a contest where Luddites like yourself choose to risk death for some purported "strong assed" manly chest thumping stupidity.

Aren't you safety officer for our club? God, I shudder at the thought.