Old January 16th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Delaware LLC Owned Aircraft California Based Aircraft

The plan. Register my soon to be purchased aircraft into a Delaware LLC.
The plane will be purchased out of state and be flown into and stored in
California.

I was told by the company that forms the Delaware LLC that getting an
LLC is better over a C type corporation because I would not have to
file corporate taxes separate each year. Also the LLC could roll over
the losses to my personal income taxes.

Looking for some help on the subject and if anyone else has registered
in Delaware and based the airplane in a different state.

Also California has use tax so is there anyway to rent the airplane
back to myself say at $100 an hour and then report that as income each
year and just pay taxes on the hours flown each year x $100.

One last thing I have to register a C type or an LLC because I am
Canadian citizen working in the usa. So I have to register the plane to
a corporation either way. Now I just have to decide to go C or LLC and
which one is better and has more tax advantages over the other.

Thanks All.

--
ChrisEllis
Posted at www.flight.org