Old August 1st 03, 04:35 PM
Dave Lyjak

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

kevin wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the Maule with the Allison turbine
engine ?

You might also want to check into the status of the diesel they've been
trying to get certified. That should be a reasonably priced aircraft
with performance similar to the 235 but using jet-A. I spoke with Ray
Maule about it last year, and he said it was going well, but I don't see
anything about it on their web site anymore.

From AvWeb:

This week at OSH, Maule debuted an M-9 fitted with SMA's SR 305-230 aerodiesel,
which was first certified in Europe a while ago and is now poised to make
inroads in the U.S.

Dave