Old August 10th 03, 10:34 PM
Fitzair4

Jay & everone else at the North Forty Party.
This was my 34th time at the EAA fly-in. But I live 100 miles south of OSH.
Jay, you should have given the extra beer to the Charcoal Pit Bar.
They would have stored it for you until next year!!!!!!!!!

Monday 11:30 am, the last day, the ceiling was at about 300 agl. We were on
the Camera tower plateform south of the Warbird area, east of Lancair displays.
Two F 16 took off to the North and rotated, banked to the West, 1 over our
heads 150 ft and 200 ft. South of me.
The other 100 ft north of the camera tower. Their after burners were at full
thrust with a very long flame. Many shouted "COVER YOUR EARS". Well, my left
ear didn't ring, but throbbed for, 4 hours.
People in the buildings, said they just shook. WHAT A SIGHT, to have a buss job
like that.

Now take your calulator and add up all the cars, campers, airplanes, commerical
displays, wallets and purses and let us know what is the total worth of Oshkosh
2003 airport in the 7 days????????????????

Larry Fitzgerald