Old January 25th 04, 07:49 PM
Dave S

Someone said something about the missed approach portion having
something to do with it, particularly with all the terrain surrounding
the airport.

Dave

Roy Smith wrote:
In article .net,
Dave S wrote:

I am getting pretty frustrated with myself lately, since I appear to be
proven inaccurate more often than not with some of my replies on here,
even though my intent was to be helpful. I think I am going to sit back
and be a spectator for a while.

Don't get discouraged. If I had a nickle for every time I was wrong in
public, I'd be a rich man. I've learned more about aviation being an
instructor than I did as a student, and a lot of the best learning came
when I was proven wrong.

Correlary: just because somebody with lots of letters after their name
says something, don't think it must be true!

PS, I'm still stumped by these approaches. I really have no clue why
the LOC-DME version exists. For all the arguing back and forth about
details, I still don't see the big picture.