Old May 6th 04, 12:31 PM
Barry

I'll only be taking the essentials and what's been planted
in my brain up to that time. No FAR/AIM or anything of that sort. It wasn't
needed during my private oral and I don't see the sense in the DE digging to
the point that you have to feel like you need to drag along an encyclopedia.

Make sure that you review the Practical Test Standards, in particular the
Applicant's Practical Test Checklist. In the Instrument Rating PTS
(http://av-info.faa.gov/data/practica...-s-8081-4d.pdf) this
includes:

ACCEPTABLE AIRCRAFT
View-limiting device
Aircraft Documents: Airworthiness Certificate
Registration Certificate
Rating Limitations
Aircraft Maintenance Records: Airworthiness Inspections

PERSONAL EQUIPMENT
Current Aeronautical Charts
Computer and Plotter
Flight Plan Form
Flight Logs
**** Current AIM ****

PERSONAL RECORDS
Identification - Photo/Signature ID
Pilot Certificate
Medical Certificate
Completed FAA Form 8710-1, Application for an Airman Certificate and/or Rating
Airman Knowledge Test Report
Logbook with Instructor's Endorsement
Notice of Disapproval (if applicable)
Approved School Graduation Certificate (if applicable)
Examiner's Fee (if applicable)