Old February 28th 19, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default OLC max altitude self censorship

Just to add to that, with XCSoar, on the page which controls the
interfaces (Config - Devices), when you select one of the interfaces,
i.e., Flarm, there's a Monitor button which, when pushed, displays the
message traffic in real time.Â* There are also similar buttons for the
ClearNav interface/data stream.Â* Maybe there's something similar with
the Oudie/SeeYou?

On 2/28/2019 1:47 PM, kirk.stant wrote:
Dan,
Yes my Oudie2 runs on SeeYou. I bought it about 5 years ago and connected it to the portable FLARM with the Oudie2 cables. My Oudie2 altitude trace, as filed on OLC, has always shown the GPS altitude. That was one reason why I had my altimeter re-calibrated ($500). Perhaps there's a setting or "switch" for the pressure altitude output, which I'm supposed to configure in the FLARM and/or the Oudie2??
I'll have to check that out in the glider, if and when spring ever arrives.

Also: Other users claim that their Oudie shows flarm targets on the Oudie display. Mine has never done that. I asked Dave Springford about that a few years ago, and he sent me a copy of the configuration file to make that work. But mine was already set that way. So I'm lost.

Thanks!
Roy

Roy,

I would bet your PF is not sending any data to your Oudie; which would explain your indications - the log file is using the Oudie's GPS to make the trace. I don't have my Oudie with me right now, but there is a page you can check to see what data is coming in to it; I would look there. If all works correctly, you will get pressure alt and Flarm/ADS-B/PCAS targets on your Oudie display.

Kirk
66

--
Dan, 5J