Old February 4th 19, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Old W&W add--cancelled, not renewed

Some folks just want to hang on to their treasures, Steve.

When I first arrived at Moriarty I was in the market for a glider and
was told that there was an unflown LS-6 on the field, just what I
wanted.Â* I was also told that it had not been out of the trailer in over
6 years so I contacted the owner to inquire about buying it.Â* I was told
that they might fly again some day and so they wanted to keep it and
their Ventus (they both were pilots).Â* That was 9 years ago and I've
still not seen nor heard of either ship coming out of the box.Â* Some day
someone will open the trailers and find dust.

On 2/4/2019 7:58 AM, Steve Leonard wrote:
As Charlie suggested, I sent a note to Wings and Wheels and asked if they would forward my inquiry to the original lister. They did this for me, and I ended up with another project.

As for writing letters, I have gotten ZERO replies. I have included stamped, self addressed envelopes, my e-mail, and cell so they could write on the original letter, stick it in the envelope I provided, and send it back. They could call or text a reply. They could e-mail something back. Nothing. And only one of the recent 7 or 8 letters has come back as not deliverable. Many have been confirmed as the correct address by seeing the trailer at the residence in a recent Google Street View picture. Sigh.

Steve Leonard

--
Dan, 5J