Old March 25th 19, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Borgelt Dynamis variometer

On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 4:50:50 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Having studied both videos very closely several times I disagree that the Dynamis vario simply shows evidence of a longer integration time - quite the reverse, I see a faster and much more steady response. Watching the ASIs, altimeters and pitch changes at the same time and trying vicariously to "feel" the air suggests to me that the Dynamis Vario is better at showing real lift.

It will be great to have a third party expert flight report eventually. Until then I would tend to think that if MB puts his reputation on the line and says it is a significant advance then it most probably is. I think that it is unlikely that, after decades of development, and having written long ago that time filtering is no help in removing gust induced TE vario errors, he would then offer a longer integration time as a solution.

Just wondering how this new vario compares to Air-Avionics butterfly (air-glide)?