Old January 4th 05, 03:14 PM
William W. Plummer

Jay Honeck wrote:
Man, I got this bug a week ago, and I've never seen anything like it. I
lost my voice 6 days ago (The kids are loving it. Mary *was* loving it,
until she discovered that she had to answer all of my phone calls!), with no
sign of it returning.

I've slept in my LazyBoy the last six nights, cuz my lungs fill up every 90
minutes or so when I lay down, sending me into coughing fits that keep Mary
up all night.

Flying has been completely out of the question.

At Mary's insistence, I'm actually going to see a doctor today. (Who, no
doubt, will tell me to drink lots of fluids, take aspirin, get lots of
sleep, and charge me a hundred bucks...) According to friends in our
school district, this bug has been knocking people down in droves around
here for the last month.

Anyone else infected, or is this an Iowa thing?

A caller to a local radio station (Lowell, MA) was complaining about it.
Because flu shots are now available to those 50 and older, I'll be
going to a clinic on Thursday for one. The guy on the next treadmill to
me in the gym was coughing every 12 seconds, so I decided to stay away
if possible. In fact, staying out of crowds in general is probably a
good idea. Whether you get sick depends on exposure, transfer
percents, and your resistance. Pay attention to all of these. Good
health and good luck to you!

Bill Plummer @ N42 34.623 W071 21.607