Old January 5th 04, 10:04 AM
goneill

"goneill" wrote in message

"Aspley Nursery" wrote in message
Robert P
Nimbus 2C

I see in your sig Nimbus 2 C
That model is one I have been considering for some time.
Do you have any comments on it in comparison to other open class
gliders and in particular its approaches with the ventus style brakes.
Because there are none here I have some contrary comments from
other club members and even considered just getting a ASW20
instead .
The main reason I have been looking at it is most of the better pilots
are flying ventus's 18m but my budget only runs to an older open class
How does the 2c keep up with them all be it with a bit of water on to
get the wing loading up.The main "anti" comment is that it won't keep
up with its thicker aerofoil section and thus negating the main reason
why I am considering one.
gary