Old February 17th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BDS

Default extra GA traffic noticed

"Mxsmanic" wrote

No doubt, but as I said above, the more expensive it becomes, the more

badly
and desperately one must want it (unless one is rich).

I'm not so sure about that. Were one to do a analysis of what it costs
today versus where income levels are, compared to what it cost in the 80s
versus where income levels were, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually
cheaper now than it was back then.

The fact is, the more expensive it becomes, the less likely general

aviation
is to survive over the long term, as it gradually prices itself out of
existence.

I don't think cost is the main problem. While there is no doubt that
participation in just about any type of flying activity is shrinking (and
has been for quite a long time, at least in the USA), I believe that there
are other factors at work that are responsible for this. Cost is certainly
a factor, but I don't think that it is the primary one.

BDS