Old February 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
Casey Wilson

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message
On 1 Feb 2004 10:06:41 -0800 (Robert M. Gary) wrote:

I was involved in an effort to start a club from the remains of one
that died. I had a HUGE advantage in that I had a list of 100 members

The fatal flaw? Using the same list of members from the failed club.
Seriously you'd have been better off starting fresh. The failed-100
were the cause of the failure so it was probably not an HUGE advantage.
More like a HUGE anchor.

FBO rentals are usually scary. Clubs if run properly are better
maintained.

Look at the
http://wsvfc.org

Hi,

My firewall freaks out for some reason and won't let me go to the
above URL. What is the gist of the information on WSVFC?
For the moment, we are starting from scratch. There is no active FBO
at KIYK, Inyokern, California, nor is their an active club. The few
co-ownerships and partnerships are closed tight and the only rental aircraft
is a tired C-150.
The unanimous conclusion (there are three of us starting this out) is
the minimum aircraft is a Cessna 182 with a comprehensive IFR panel
including GPS. I'm lobbying for an autopilot but I may have to relinquish
that wish for an older model airplane to keep the buy-in within range. Seven
members would probably be our top number.
We would like to buy the airplane outright to keep from paying
financinc -- although we heard we could get a 6-3/4% loan up to $50,000 for
80% of the purchase price. I haven't shopped so I don't know if that is a
good rate. You tell me.

Casey