Old June 3rd 19, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default "Flying" your glider on the ground after a landout during athunderstorm or alternatives?

Never been there....hope I am never am......
Closest was racing a storm to home field in a sailplane.
Had a treeline about 45* to surface wind.
Landed, "taxied" towards trees (near trailers), sat in cockpit until storm passed.
I was sorta in tree windshadow, waited until cell passed.

If I was stuck in a worse spot, I would likely do......

Stick full forward.
Full wheel brake (may be covered by next on the list)....
Full dive brakes.
If flapped, full negative flaps......
Hope I am sorta pointed into the wind......

Hope for the best.......

If wrong heading.....use "cross wind controls" from the AIM to make the best of it.....