Old July 25th 19, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 7:52:06 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
You need to read up on the laws a little bit. You don’t need to clear customs if you don’t land.

Well, I DID look up the law (reread the post). The FAA clearly states:

All civil, private aircraft entering the U.S. must first land at an airport of entry before continuing to their destinations, unless other arrangements are made with U.S. CBP.

Now, tell me where there is an exception for an aircraft whose final destination is in Canada?

Tom