Old February 24th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Is this the death of GA

On 2008-02-24, wrote:
On Feb 23, 9:01 pm, "Lee McGee" wrote:
I drive a Prius. This probably puts my comments in perspective. :-)

I'm with you on all but the "low-carbon."
Biggest crock of shinola ever foisted upon humanity since Milli
Vanilli.

What he said.

Wanna drive a Prius? Good for you. I personally couldn't have one, since it
doesn't meet my mission requirements due to a terminal and severe lack of
storage space - the one I had as a rental had barely enough room for my two
carryon-sized suitcases and a briefcase.

With all that said, a fuel-efficient aircraft engine is a Good Idea, not
because of global warming (boy, have we had to shovel a lot of that out of
our driveway this winter!), but simply because it's less expensive to
operate. In aviation, that's always desirable. It's one reason I'm even
looking at a Rotax-powered aircraft, despite my lingering misgivings about
having an engine my local mechanic can't fix.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC
http://www.conmicro.com