Old March 20th 18, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

As I mentioned earlier, I use cheap reading glasses, the kind you get at
the grocery store pharmacy.Â* I have 7 pair in the house, car, garage,
hangar, etc.Â* I also have THESE
https://www.amazon.com/Tifosi-Veloce-1040800186-Reading-Glasses/dp/B00EKERBU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1521586078&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=tifosi+bifoca l
sunglasses with clear vision lenses for distant vision and bifocal
readers built in.Â* I use them for driving and flying.Â* Very happy with them.

On 3/20/2018 3:22 PM, teck48 wrote:
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm 65 and fairly active. I'm a hobby glider pilot. And small dinghy sailor. I make videos and do a lot of computer and writing work.

I'm extremely near sighted but not astigmatic. I'm a fussy ******* about glasses, but once these replacement lenses are implanted it's a bit late to be fussy....

–Tom

--
Dan, 5J